Friday, July 29, 2011

Lots of Bracelets and a Re-Do

I have been in a bracelet making mood lately.  Probably because of this.  Such a good resource and I love the interactiveness of the E-Mag.  (Hmmmm, is that a word?  Spell check doesn't seem to have a problem with it, so I 'll just go with it.)  Here are some of the ones I have been working on.


This one is my favorite.  I purchased the flower focal while visiting my parents.  I won't tell you how many issues I had with getting this to be the right size and the finding a clasp that was big enough to balance the focal.  I restrung a couple of times.  Okay, about four times. Maybe five, I don't remember, drove me bonkers, but I do love wearing it.


Close up of the flower.  It is really cute on.


Simple design with some glass beads from Michaels and some olive green spacers.


Same thing different beads.  I have been on the hunt for more seed beads in that particular shade and size.  Apparently they are not that common, three bead stores I visited did not have them.  I had to rescue these last ones from the bead mess of seed beads that my son made for me.


Some blue ceramic and resin beads.


This one is super light and I just added the charm.  I might keep it for myself, I don't know yet.



I also re-strung a necklace that I submitted for an Art Bead Scene challenge a couple of months ago.  The original design was asymmetrical and the clasp kept turning backwards whenever I wore it.  This way seems to wear much better.

That's all for now, have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I have the hardest time designing bracelets. Yours are inspirational! I do love that pretty flower bead. It's a shame it was such a headache to design around!

    ReplyDelete