Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Studio Tour and Bead Table Wednesday

My husband and I are trying to rent our house.  So I was informed that I needed to clean up the bead warehouse, make it semi-presentable.  I am not only a bead hoarder, I am also very messy.  I come by it naturally though, my father is a total slob.  I will have to take a picture of his workshop one of these days.  It frightens even me, and I don't scare easily. 

If anyone is very tidy and scared of chaos, I would suggest skipping the following pictures.


What I see when I walk into the room.  An antique desk that was my great-grandfather's and an entertainment center that holds my computer, printer and basket of acrylic paints.



My son's old playpen.  Stuffed with scrapbooking supplies and shipping supplies. 



Some wooden boxes and containers from Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx.  Waiting for me to clear a space to set them up.



Magazines and bead containers.  Each drawer contains a plastic case filled with beads.  None of them are in any particular order, that would be too easy.



Another set on the other side. 



Under my desk.  Also where I hid everything that was on the floor to make the space "presentable".



Each box is filled with pendants or beads.  Or finished jewelry.



Art beads and experiments.



Those are necklaces or strands of beads and chain. 



This is my actual bead desk.  Complete with Buzz Lightyear watercolors.  This scares me and I haven't made anything there in months.  I don't know where to put it all. 



My actual beading surface where I make stuff.  I made those little ribbon circles this morning.  They are super easy - I just used some wood circles, quick drying craft glue and some ribbon.



I will post a picture when it is done.  That is it for my mess.  Off to go post my picture on Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I'm so jealous that you get a whole room to be messy in. ;) There's nothing really wrong with messy if it works for you, I think. I'm definitely drooling over some of the beads in your pictures. Also, thanks for the tip on those ribbon rings! They look adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete