Sunday, January 9, 2011

Confession Time

I debated the idea of starting a blog for over a year.  While I wanted to, and thought that I could make it interesting for other beaders to read, the insecurities arose.  What if no one reads it?  Then, strangely enough, what if people do read it?  What if they don't like it?  What if they think that it is silly?  What if they wonder why I am blogging at all? 

I had to stop thinking about the reasons why not to, and just do it.  So I said to myself, Self (because that is what I call myself) if people don't like it, they won't read it.  You can't please everyone.  I am only going to try and please myself.  Write about stringing beads to make jewelry, because that is what I love to do.  And if that is interesting to people, great and if not, oh well.  I will probably still make the stuff anyway.

I just signed up for a bead soup party.  Hopefully that will send people to my blog, and maybe they read something that interests them.  You never know, we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steph! I just found you via the list for Bead Soup! I look forward to seeing what you create and reading future posts! You're welcome to stop by my blog anytime! I'll have a cuppa java ready for you! :o)

    Have a terrific week!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about being a private person, and not sure if you want a blog or readers. I'm the same way, I blogged up to 1.5 years ago and then stopped for awhile. I've now started again, and decided that I didn't care if anyone reads me or not. I'm going to use my blog to document my beading journey. Then I can see how my work has progressed over time.

    I also found you through the Bead Soup list. I'm really looking forward to this and hope to have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped by to say Hi and hope you keep on blogging. The Bead Soup is such a great way to get to know other artist. Can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog over the bead soup - and please keep blogging, it is so rewarding and regarding the readers, what do they say: Build it and they will come:-)

    ReplyDelete