Monday, January 31, 2011

Bead Soup and Necklaces

I received my bead soup in the mail from my partner, Sandi this past weekend.  I got lots green wooden ovals, two mint green enamel beads, a handmade polymer clay focal, off white shell beads and a toggle clasp.


Close up of the focal:



I already know what I am going to make with them.  I already completed a bracelet with the two enamel beads.  I am planning on making a necklace and a pair of earrings.  This is a great challenge, I love the color green but never use this particular shade in jewelry.  I also got a chance to make a couple of necklaces this weekend using some of my new vintage lucite. 


I used one of the large bird beads from capturedmoments.etsy.com as the focal with some dangly chain hanging down.


I also made this necklace.  When I was stringing it, I had originally planned to have the clasp go on the side.


But, I think it could work in the back too.


Last necklace is with some more Gaea beads and a Green Girl Studios clasp that was too pretty to hide in the back.


That's all.  Hope everyone got a chance to play with some beads last weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment